North Korea warns South, US over 'provocative' military drills
FoxNews.com
FILE:
March 9, 2013: The guided-missile destroyers USS Lassen (DDG 82),
arrives to participate in the annual joint military exercises, dubbed
Key Resolve, between the South Korean and United States. (AP)
North Korea demanded that South Korea and the United States
cancel annual military exercises planned for February and March, saying
the drills were a "dangerous" provocation that could push the situation
on the Korean Peninsula to a catastrophe. The North's KCNA state news agency quoted a committee in charge of
efforts to promote Korean unification as saying the drills have "created
such a deplorable situation in which huge aggression troops of the U.S.
are deployed in areas close to the Military Demarcation Line." "We sternly warn the U.S. and the South Korean authorities to stop
the dangerous military exercises which may push the situation on the
peninsula and the North-South ties to a catastrophe," the statement from
the Committee for the Peaceful Reunification of Korea said, UPI
reported. South Korea and the U.S. regularly conduct routine, defense-oriented
drills such as the Key Resolve and Foal Eagle exercises to help to
bolster security on the peninsula and to highlight the longstanding
military partnership between the two countries. North Korea has described the drills as a prelude to invasion. In
2013, the North warned the top American commander in South Korea of
"miserable destruction" if the U.S. military pressed ahead with the same
exercises scheduled to begin next month. The North said the announcement of the this year's drills "is little
short of the declaration of a total nuclear stand-off," adding the
exercises will cause the North-South ties to plunge into an
"unimaginable holocaust and that disaster will follow should they go
ahead with the nuclear war drills and make military provocation, defying
our warning," according to UPI. South Korea said Wednesday the drills will go ahead as planned and
that North Korea's military has showed no sign of unusual activity,
Reuters reported. "If North Korea actually commits military aggression at the excuse of
what is a normal exercise we conduct as preparation for emergency, our
military will mercilessly and decisively punish them," South Korea's
Defense Ministry spokesman Kim Min Seok told reporters Wednesday. North Korea drew worldwide condemnation last year after it announced
it conducted its third nuclear test ahead of the joint drills, in direct
defiance to U.N. Security Council orders to shut down its atomic
activity or face more sanctions and international isolation. News Repoert from Michelle Malkin
US Air Force unleashes supersonic
bombers in ‘North Korea nuke drill’ as it’s claimed Donald Trump is
‘poised to launch military strike’ against the rogue state
Nuclear-capable B-1 bombers were escorted by South Korean fighters over the peninsula
DONALD Trump ‘is
to order a military strike against North Korea within a year’ after Kim
Jong-un’s military boasted it had fired a ballistic missile capable of
hitting the US.
A B-1B bomber, top, flies with South Korean fighter jets F-15K over Osan Air Base in Pyeongtaek, South Korea
EPA
One of two US Air Force B-1B Lancer bombers flies a 10-hour mission from Andersen Air Force Base, Guam
AP:Associated Press
Friday’s launch of a Hwasong-14 intercontinental ballistic missile at an undisclosed location in North Korea The news comes hours after the US flew two supersonic bombers over the Korean Peninsula in a show of force against North Korea. The B-1 bombers were escorted by South Korean fighter jets
as they performed a low-pass over an air base near the South Korean
capital of Seoul before returning to the Andersen Air Force Base in
Guam. The US Air Force said the mission was a response to consecutive ICBM tests by Kim this month. Analysts say flight data from the second test conducted
Friday night showed that a broader part of mainland America, including
Los Angeles and Chicago, is now in range of Pyongyang’s weapons. “North Korea remains the most urgent threat to regional
stability,” said Gen. Terrence J. O’Shaughnessy, Pacific Air Forces
commander. “Diplomacy remains the lead. However, we have a
responsibility to our allies and our nation to showcase our unwavering
commitment while planning for the worst-case scenario.”
AFP or licensors
A US Air Force B-1B bomber, left, flies with a South Korean fighter jet F-15K over the Korean Peninsula on Sunday
North Korea's state TV release video of latest missile test which is capable of reaching US mainland
AP:Associated Press
Trump is said to have run out of patience with North Korea He added: " If called upon, we are ready to respond with
rapid, lethal, and overwhelming force at a time and place of our
choosing." The United States often sends powerful warplanes in times of heightened animosities with North Korea. B-1 bombers have been sent to South Korea for flyovers
several times this year in response to North Korea's banned missile
tests, and also following the death of a US college student after he was
released by North Korean in a coma. The Hwasong-14 ICBM, which the North first tested on July 4,
is the highlight of several new weapons systems Pyongyang launched this
year.
MOST READ IN NEWS
POINT-BLANK EXECUTION
Sicko who raped and murdered three-year-old girl is shot in the back with machine gun in Yemen
LEFT TO DROWN
Hundreds attend funeral for disabled man who drowned as teens laughed and filmed him in the water
DEPARTURE LUNGE
Cops investigate airport brawl after shocking footage shows French
airport worker PUNCHING Brit easyJet passenger holding a baby
They include an intermediate range missile the North says is
capable of hitting Alaska and Hawaii and a solid-fuel midrange missile,
which analysts say can be fired faster and more secretly than
liquid-fuel missiles.
Any future military action by Trump, which could spark retaliation attacks from dictator Kim, would be a major step towards all-out war to stop North Korea from developing nuclear weapons, reports the Mail on Sunday.
And a top military expert has revealed exactly how the US
military will 'take out' North Korea's nukes if Donald Trump gives the
green light for deadly strikes.
Reuters
Long-range B-2 Spirit bombers would target Kim's nuke sites
Reuters
A test-fire of a Pukguksong-2 guided by leader Kim Jong-un Trump reportedly sees North Korea and its despotic leader as his number one overseas challenge - and it is one he has pledged to tackle head-on. Now a senior analyst from Stratfor - which provides strategic analysis to the US government - has told Business Insider exactly how Trump's military could potentially carry out crippling strikes against the hermit kingdom. The US would have to choose between a full-scale destruction
of North Korea's nuclear facilities and ground forces or a quicker
attack on only the most important nuclear facilities. As a full-scale attack could lead to "mission creep that
could pull the US into a longterm conflict in East Asia," according to
Tack, it will focus on a surgical strike that would wipe out the bulk of
North Korea's nuclear forces. The US is likely to use stealth aircraft like the F-22 and B-2 bomber for the pinpoint attack, he said.
CCTV shows North Korean missile 'falling into the sea' from the Japanese mainland
Getty Images
Kim Jong-un has been pushing his luck in recent months In the run up to any attack, the US would position nuclear
submarines, naval ships, and stealth aircraft at bases near North Korea. "Suddenly you'd read on the news that the US has conducted these airstrikes," said Tack. While the F-22 and F-35 would certainly do work over North Korea missile production sites, it really a job for the B-2. As a long-range bomber the B-2 could drop massive, 30,000lb
bombs on deep underground bunkers setting off from bases as far away as
Guam or the continental United States. The initial targets would include nuclear reactors, missile
production facilities, and launching pads for ICBMs, according to Tack. Cruise missiles would be fired from the sea, F-22s would
take out North Korea's archaic air defences and B-2s would pound every
known missile site.
The Patriot Conservative
News Tea Party Network
liberalism + Socialism = Terrorism Thanks for your Support
North Korea to Send Delegation to Winter Olympics, Refuses to Discuss Weapons
South Korea pursues diplomatic dialogue in first face-to-face talks with North in two years
Senior officials from South and North Korea held their first
formal face-to-face talks in two years on Tuesday, discussing
Pyongyang's participation in the Winter Olympics and other issues in
hopes of cooling tensions. Photo: AFP
By
Andrew Jeong
SEOUL—South Korea sought unsuccessfully to raise the North’s nuclear
program during bilateral talks, but the two sides reached a deal
Tuesday for Pyongyang to participate in the Winter Olympics and agreed
to revive cross-border military communications, as Seoul pursues a
diplomatic path to try to end the long-running standoff.
No comments:
Post a Comment